Hollywood Park, a 298-acre world-class sports and entertainment destination is the new home of the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium, the centerpiece of Hollywood Park, is the first indoor-outdoor stadium to be constructed and will host the Super Bowl LVI in February 2022, the College Football National Championship game in 2023, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the 2028 Olympic Games.
Willow is the exclusive digital twin provider of SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park, working with the organization to implement the WillowTwin™ on SoFi Stadium throughout the construction phase and now into operations.
In the construction phase of the project, Willow worked with SoFi Stadium, the general contractor and subcontractors to establish data requirements from the supply chain to ensure that the correct information was collected, validated and managed for the creation of the digital twin. This period represents a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to combine the stadium’s data in a structured way, which will enable the stadium to support a variety of future smart building applications and use cases, preparing the stadium for smarter operations.
Now that SoFi Stadium is open, Willow will work to customize the digital twin for use in operations, enabling the data collected in construction to be leveraged by the executive and building management teams.
The twin will enable SoFi Stadium to have complete transparency in their building operations. Data that was once buried in proprietary systems and controlled by equipment manufacturers can now be made accessible in a single platform. By accessing this data, Willow enables SoFi Stadium management to solve problems before they occur and to identify opportunities they never knew they had. Through the creation of a digital twin, SoFi Stadium will be at the leading edge of innovation and technology.
The digital twin also provides SoFi Stadium with a foundation for the secure integration of best in-class smart building technologies through the Willow Marketplace. Access to the Marketplace ensures SoFi Stadium is future-ready with the ability to easily install the latest technologies to improve the operation and management of the building.
SoFi Stadium at a Glance
- Open-air stadium with seating capacity of 70,000 and expandable to 100,000.
- 260 luxury seats, 13,000 premium seats and 3.1 million ft. of usable space.
- SoFi Stadium’s event level sits 100 feet below ground, requiring the excavation and relocation of 7,000,000 cubic yards of dirt around the site.
- At completion, 100,000 tons of steel and cable will have been installed and 80,000 cubic tons of structural concrete poured.
- The stadium will host events year-round.
- The only 2-sided, 360-degree, center-hung Videoboard in the world.
- The Videoboard is the only 4K end-to-end video production in sports.
- The Videoboard has the largest LED content playback system ever deployed. Every face/display can be uniquely programmed with live stats or animated content.